In This Episode
Conversation on the future of tourism with Joe Conto, a professor of
Hospitality Management at Paul Smith's College (NY).
- Restarting a Pikolo conversation, 4 years on
- Cultural sustainability and cruise tourism
- Cinque Terre’s cruise port and tourism surge
- Push and pull confuses distracted Slava
- [Pause / money quote from Joe]
- Joe’s general predictions for the tourism industry
- European prospects, airline woes, and the cost of travel
- Let’s stay closer to home!
- Silver lining: no physical infrastructure loss
- Italy vs China, perception vs reality
- Joe pours cold water on Slava’s childish travel fantasy
- Prediction: lower-density, “5-hour-drive” local tourism centers in North America to thrive
- A cartoon version of James H. Kunstler's prognosis
- Sanctuary cities for the rich
- Resenting downstaters (some of whom are people)
- Teaching in the time of the Virus
- Joe’s many projects
Download the audio file: Episode 1 (AAC)
To subscribe to
please import this
into your podcast app.