In This Episode
Conversation with KMO on:
- The C-Realm origin story, including:
- Quitting Amazon, traveling to the Amazon
- Unresponsive singularitarians and podcast-friendly collapseniks
- Peak oil psychodelia: stirring up one weird audience mix
- Side projects and personal turmoil
- Moving to Brooklyn, NY and then (5 years later) to Vermont
- Overestimating your audience size
- Podcasts and advertising
- Finding your core group of supporters; some orbiting around for years
- Media consumption habits in the time of Covid-19
- Generational dichotomies
- Resisting advice to define your audience
- 1990s redux, in audio
- Defining self as a "recovering singularitarian"
- Case study: discovering the C-Realm
- Imminent crossing of the 50% Rubicon
- Gaining the haters
- Did podcasting jump the shark already?
- Can a podcasting career be self-contained?
Names and links
Download the audio file: Episode 5 (AAC)
To subscribe to
please import this
into your podcast app.